In this audio interview, Zak Nicholls (of S.H.A.M.E.) mainly speaks about:
- Responding to pollution around the “Clean Harbors” hazardous waste facility
- Collaborating with residents of Marine City, Michigan — where there is a Wilms tumor cluster
- The latest problems with ESSO / Imperial Oil
This interview is posted here.
A “Wipe Out Wilms” t-shirt
He also mentions:
- The World Health Organization (WHO)’s findings that Sarnia has the worst particulate pollution in Canada
- TODA’s water pollution
- The now inactive, and possibly dead, Lambton Community Health Study
- Free toxic tours around Chemical Valley
This interview follows up another one in which Zak gives updates about how shale gas will be or might be used around Sarnia-Lambton’s Chemical Valley.
Many of these topics had come up in conversation; we then decided to to record some of what Zak has to say about the situations around where he lives.